- Is my wedding date available?
You can use the availability checker on our site to see if your special day is available. You can also email us at MemoriesInMotion2014@gmail.com or give us a call at (304) 460-5595
- How long have you been doing this professionally?
Patrick has been a professional wedding DJ since 1995. We added our videography service to the company in 2014 and photography in 2016.
- How many weddings have you played?
In his career, Patrick has DJed over 500 weddings, we have shot close to 100 with our video service.
- Do you perform at more than one event in a day?
No, we only book one wedding per day, to insure our all energy and focus is on you and you alone.
- Can you describe your style?
Our video and photography style would be best described at minimalist. We do as little editing to the videos and photos as possible, to give the most realistic representation of your day as possible.
- Can you provide me with recent couples that I can contact for references?
We would be more than happy to provide you with email references for past clients. You can also see our verified reviews on TheKnot and WeddingWire.
- What is the turn around time for receiving my videos and pictures?
In most cases, we will have your wedding videos and pictures to you within 4 weeks of your special day. There are certain instances where it may be longer, but we will communicate this with you if this is the case.
- How will I receive my videos and pictures?
You will receive your wedding day memories in multiple ways. First, they will be added to our Facebook and Vimeo pages for online sharing (these will be watermarked). You will also receive all your videos and pictures through a private GoogleDrive link (these will not have the watermark on it and the link will remain valid for one year). Finally, you will have a DVD mailed to you containing with all your videos and pictures.
- Can you help me choose the music for my processional, recessional, father-daughter dance, etc.?
Yes, we can help guide you in any music selection you may need.
- How extensive is your music library or song list? What genres can you cover?
Our music library currently sits at approximately 40,000 songs. This covers pop, oldies, big band, Motown, country, Christian and rap/hip-hop.
- Do you have a go-to list of wedding songs you play for weddings?
Every wedding we do is different, and we like to make sure the music selections reflect the personalities of the bride and groom, as well as the guests. That being said, you will find some of the same songs on wedding playlists, simply because there are some songs that every couple wants to hear on their special day.
- How do you keep your music collection up-to-date?
We subscribe to a legal music service, which is the industry standard service for receiving new music that is edit appropriately for weddings.
- Do you take any breaks?
No, once the music starts, there is never a break, unless you have planned something in your wedding where you have asked for the music to be stopped.
- Do you act as the emcee and make all of the announcements?
Yes, we will handle all your introductions and announcements unless you specifically ask for someone else to do it.
- How would you define your emcee style?
We are very low key and classy when doing announcements. We do not overtake the reception with constant microphone use.
- What do you do to motivate the crowd if nobody is dancing?
We encourage requests from you and your bridal party. It is a general rule for all weddings, if the bride is not dancing (or the bridal party) then most others will not dance either.
- Do you take requests from our guests?
YES! We use a unique text request system, which enables all guest to make requests right from the phones.
- Can we submit a “Do Not Play” list?
Absolutely. Our online planning area has a special place for Do Not Play songs. This is one of the most important items a bride and groom can provide to us, because it helps us see the styles of music you are wanting for your big day.
- How much would you charge for overtime?
All of our services run at $100 per hour over the contracted time.
- Are there any additional fees that could accrue that I am not taking into account, like travel expenses or charges for special musical requests?
No, when you receive a quote from us for your wedding, it is all inclusive. The price in the quote is all you will pay, unless you request additional hours of service.
- When will I receive a written contract?
When you are ready to secure our services, we will send over an email asking for all the information we need on the contract. We will then send the contract to you.
- How much of a deposit do you require and when is it due? Do you offer a payment plan?
There is a $200 deposit for any of our services. Once that deposit is paid, you will receive your log in credentials for the client area on our site. You can make payments right through this area.
- What is your refund/cancellation policy?
All deposits paid are non-refundable. If you cancel less than 30 days from your wedding date, there is a $250 cancellation fee applied. If you cancel 31 days or more out, all monies paid (minus the deposit) will be refunded.
- How far in advance do I need to book you for my wedding?
We encourage all couples to book with us as soon as you can. We generally book 18 months – 2 years out, especially during peak times (May – October).
- Are you insured?
Yes, we carry a $1,000,000 liability insurance policy, and your venue will receive a copy of this policy once we receive the contract and deposit from you.
- Can you provide wireless mics for the wedding ceremony?
We do have a ceremony system which can be added to any package for $200 additional. This system would include a half an hour of pre-ceremony music and wireless microphones for both your officiate and the groom.
- Do you bring backup equipment?
Yes, backups for both all our audio equipment, as well as all our camera equipment.
- Do you set up a sign or banner with your equipment?
- How much time will you need for setup, sound check and breakdown on the day of the event?
We ask for an hour and half of set up time (normally we can have it done in less time, but this gives us a window).
- What time will you arrive at the site and when you will you depart?
If we are doing video / photography, we normally arrive about a half an hour before our contracted time. If we are providing DJ services, normal arrival time is an hour and half before start.
- Will we meet before the wedding?
We rarely will do face to face in person meetings. We are available for Skype, FaceTime, Facebook messenger, email or phone call consultations.
- When is our deadline for submitting our music requests and event details?
Your only planning area is available to you up to 3 days prior to your wedding dates.
- What will you wear to our wedding?
Black shirts with dark pants.
- Do you require a meal?
Although it is not required, we do ask that you keep us in mind for a meal if one is made available to us.
- What is your policy on alcohol or smoking during the wedding?
We positively do not drink or smoke while working.